Storing Files on File System
- Your database size will increase rapidly, and backup size will also increased in same proportion.
- You can access files from different ways (i.e. FTP or Web Browser)
- Database such as Access or MSDE and Sql Server 2005 Express edition(I think it is 4GB) is limited to 2GB size.
- In case your database is corrupted, even then you can access the documents.
- Better Security since database have a very good security mechanism.
- If Files are stored outside database, then it is a chance that you delete the record from database and do not update the file on file system. Which might end up in some inconsistent state.