Eligibility Criteria and Enrollment in WebsiteSpark
Eligibility Criteria is very simple:-
- Companies whose primary business is to provide Web development and design services to their customer.
- Company must have 10 or less employees
In enrollment process you have to get an ‘Approval Code’ from a Microsoft Champ, Network Partner or Hosting Partner. For further details about enrollment visit WebsiteSpark Faqs.
What software are available for free in WebsiteSpark Program?
WebsiteSpark program provides following softwares to their members for free of cost for three years:-
- Visual Studio® 2008 Professional Edition 3 user licenses
- Expression® Studio 2 (or 3) 1 user license, available only to the Primary Contact for the Web Pro
- Expression® Web 2 (or 3) 2 user licenses
- Windows Web Server® 2008 (or Windows Web Server 2008 R2 when available) 3 user licenses
- SQL Server® 2008 Web 3 user licenses
- Windows Web Server® 2008 (or Windows Web Server 2008 R2, when available) (4 Processor License)
- SQL Server® 2008 Web (4 Processor License)
There are other benefits from WebsiteSpark Program as well which are listed below:-
- Professional Support from Microsoft
- Free online training
- Managed newsgroups on MSDN (a community of over six million developers) and/or other Microsoft online properties
- Access to broad community support through connections with Network Partners, Hosting Partners, and peers with complementary services and technologies
- You will also qualify for Special Offers from Microsoft
After the completion of three years there is no obligation to continue use of any of software and there is no cost for those three years except $100 program fee at end of three years.
Also WebsiteSpark members can purchase all software (mentioned above) in only $999/year. Another offer is to purchase only production server software i.e. Windows Web Server® 2008 R2 and SQL Server® 2008 Web in only $199/year.
In the current period of recession, WebsiteSpark program is a great opportunity for freelance developers and companies to establish and grow their business through support and trainings from Microsoft. Anyone who feels interested should go to WebsiteSpark home page. Also it is my humble request to share this with all freelancers and small companies to help them.